Lunch made easy with this Asian quinoa salad
If you’re like me and love a bunch of flavor in one dish, then you will enjoy this Asian Quinoa Salad recipe. Grain bowls that have a mixture of textures, flavors, and colors are right up my alley. They are perfect for a quick dinner and make a great lunch leftover.
How to Make A Satisfying Grain Bowl:
- Protein- by adding beans, chicken, tofu, etc.
- Fiber – grains such as quinoa, farro, bulgur, barley, or brown rice.
- Fat – avocado, nuts, seeds, oils, and dressings.
Asian Quinoa Salad
This Asian Quinoa salad is an easy dinner recipe that makes a great leftover for lunch.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- 1/4 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup Edamame, fresh or frozen (if frozen thaw by running under water)
- 2 green onions, sliced both green and white parts separated
- 1/4 cup peanuts or cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Step 1 Prepare the quinoa according to instructions.
- Step 2 While quinoa cooks prepare the dressing. In a small bowl add the sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Step 3 Once the quinoa is done cooking place it in a large bowl. Add the carrots, cabbage, red bell pepper, edamame, and white parts of the green onions. Mix the vegetables and quinoa together.
- Step 4 Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad mixture and top with sesame seeds, the green parts of the green onion, and nuts.
Let me know if you make this Asian Quinoa Salad in the comments section below!
Also, don’t forget to save this recipe to your Pinterest board!