Happy Valentines Day!
“All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt” – Charles Schulz.
These flourless chocolate chip cookies will change your life. I promise!
Today I am sharing with you my flourless chocolate chip cookies! My bf is a major fan of my regular chocolate chip walnut cookies. Since I’m always experimenting in the kitchen I decided to nix the flour and butter this time.
I’ve already established in my apple nachos post that I love peanut butter and chocolate. So of course these crumbly cookies contain both!
In this recipe I used oats to replace the flour. If you are gluten free make sure your oats are labeled as gluten free. Some brands may be made in a facility that also process gluten containing products.
As for the fat in the recipe I replaced butter with peanut butter. My favorite brand is Santa Cruz Organic. Their peanut butter contains only roasted peanuts with a tiny dash of salt. That’s right no added oils or sugar! I literally put their peanut butter on anything and everything I possibly can.
Why am I replacing traditional cookie ingredients?
Well recently my aunt requested that I come up with a “healthier” version of her favorite treat, chocolate chip cookies. Being the good niece I am I created this recipe especially for her. Although I must say this recipe will definitely be on rotation at my house.
How are you spending Valentines Day? Are you making anything yummy?
Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Step 3 In a large bowl mix together eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
- Step 4 Combine dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
- Step 5 Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Step 6 Scoop batter out into balls and place on the cookie sheet. Press down on each cookie with a fork.
- Step 7 Bake 9-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cookies cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or your mouth! Enjoy!