Are you a fan of grapefruit? Or is it too sour for your liking?
If you’re not a fan try this ginger honey broiled grapefruit before you nix it out completely!
I must admit I’m usually partial to grapefruit. Although drizzling it with some ginger honey and tossing toasted macadamia nuts on top totally wins me over!
Typically I don’t try to force anyone to eat something they’re absolutely not a fan of. Although I feel that when you prepare foods in different ways sometimes they take on a whole new flavor persona. Since we are in prime grapefruit season I had to give it another go!
Plus grapefruit is rich in:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
The moral of the story do not like a certain food it’s okay not to eat it. It’s also okay to find different ways to help make a food more preferable to your taste buds too!
Do you have any foods you will only eat when they’re prepared a certain way?
Ginger Honey Broiled Grapefruit
- 2 grapefruits, halved
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 3 tbsp macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Step 1 Preheat your oven on the broil setting.
- Step 2 Heat up a small pan on medium heat. Add the honey and ginger to the pan and cook until the mixture becomes more runny and fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Step 3 Place the grapefruit halves on a baking sheet and drizzle with the honey ginger mixture.
- Step 4 Broil in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 5 Sprinkle some chopped macadamia nuts over the top of the grapefruit. Broil for 1-2 more minutes.
- Step 6 Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!
Let me know if you try this ginger honey broiled grapefruit below!