Happy Monday! Today is the start of another great week!
I am all about trying to keep my vibes positive this week. Stress and negativity is something that tends to creep in way too easily lately. I believe that if you take care of yourself you will be able to show up as your best self for others.
One way that helps me do this is to weed out simple tasks early on in the week. And when it comes to my overall well being I know that I simply feel lighter and more energized when I am eating nutrient dense foods that I enjoy.
Today I’ll be sharing on the blog this scrumptious Pineapple Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal. I decided to make this recipe into a parfait with greek yogurt so it would be more satisfying with extra protein.
Pineapple Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- 1 and 1/2 cups carrots, grated (3-4 carrots)
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, roughly chopped
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 In a large bowl mix together carrots, pineapple, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Step 3 In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, honey, ginger, and vanilla extract.
- Step 4 Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Step 5 Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Step 6 Once out of the oven cool for 10 minutes.
- Step 7 Serve with Greek yogurt or make into layered parfaits in mason jars. To make layered parfaits place baked oatmeal as the bottom layer, cover with Greek yogurt, crumble some more oats on top of the yogurt, and add one more dollop of Greek yogurt. Store in the fridge to have these parfaits breakfast ready for the next few days.
Let me know if you try the recipe in the comments section below!