Are you a fan of chia seeds as much as I am?
Then you will love this homemade raspberry ginger chia jam!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! I just got back from an early Valentines Day getaway with my bf. We spent some time up in the GA mountains ⛰ together and had a fantastic weekend.
Although one thing for sure is that getting home from a trip (even a mini one) can be exhausting 😩. Usually on the weekends I grab groceries for the week, prep some delicious food, get laundry done, clean up around the house, etc. Being gone Friday-Monday left all of that undone.
Since I am a huge fan of pre-made breakfasts I decided to make yogurt bento boxes. They are quick to whip up, and I’m good to go for the rest of the week. Today I am sharing my raspberry ginger chia jam that can be prepared in under 10 minutes. I usually add some granola and yogurt to make this a full meal. Then in less than 15 minutes you have breakfast ready for the week!
Yogurt is one of my go to breakfast choices because it’s easy yet so versatile! You can simply add some berries to your yogurt but I am all about flavor! Lately I have been craving a homemade version of flip cup yogurt, so I came up with raspberry ginger chia jam as a topping.
Raspberry Ginger Chia Jam
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 2-3 tbsp of honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- Step 1 Place raspberries, ginger, and 1/4 cup of water in a medium sauce pan. Cook on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally and continue to cook until the raspberries begin to break down.
- Step 2 Blend with an immersion blender to reach desired consistency.
- Step 3 Add 2 tbsp of chia seeds and honey.
- Step 4 Remove the jam mixture from the heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Step 5 Serve immediately or store in a container in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the jam if you make a larger batch. This raspberry chia seed jam pairs great with yogurt and granola.
Let me know if you try this recipe in the comments section below!