What is your favorite soup to enjoy during the winter months?
This Slow Cooker Thai Butternut Squash soup is delicious and warming, which makes it perfect during these colder months.
If you decide to make butternut squash soup just know that you will need some tools to get the job done quicker. Make sure you have a vegetable peeler and a good knife. You can also check your local grocery store to see if they sell precut squash.
Most soup recipes can be easily converted into a slow cooker recipe, so that you have dinner ready for when you come home. One time saving tip I like to use is to precut my vegetables ahead of time.
Would you like to see any other soup recipes featured? Let me know!
Slow Cooker Thai Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 3 tsp of Thai Seasoning Blend*
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Low sodium vegetable broth, 4 cups
- 1 lime, quartered
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for topping
- Cashews, whole or roughly chopped for topping
- Coconut milk, drizzle on top
- *Make your own blend using chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper
- Step 1 Peel, chop, and dice vegetables and grate ginger.
- Step 2 Place vegetables, ginger, red curry paste, Thai seasoning blend, sea salt, and vegetable broth in the slow cooker.
- Step 3 Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Step 4 Blend until smooth with an immersion hand blender.
- Step 5 Serve in bowls topped with a drizzle of coconut milk, squeeze of fresh lime juice, a few cashews, and some cilantro.
Let me know below if you try the recipe!