Spring has sprung!
To celebrate winter coming to an end I have come up with this decadent strawberry chia jam oat bars! These bars are the perfect snack with a tangy strawberry basil chia jam filling and a peanut butter oat crust.
Looking for a new flavorful dessert? Try this recipe below!
Strawberry Chia Jam Oat Bars
These strawberry chia jam oat bars pack a flavorful punch with a homemade strawberry basil chia jam and a peanut butter oat crust.
- Strawberry Basil Chia Jam:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- For the bars:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup protein powder, or flour
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts, I used walnuts
- 1 cup Strawberry Basil Chia Jam
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Step 1 For the Jam: Place diced strawberries, lemon juice, basil and lemon zest in a medium sauce pan. Cook on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally and continue to cook until the pineapple begin to break down.
- Step 2 Mash with a fork or blend with an immersion blender to reach desired consistency.
- Step 3 Add chia seeds and honey. Remove the jam mixture from the heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Step 4 Serve immediately or store in a container in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the jam if you make a larger batch. This strawberry basil chia seed jam pairs great with yogurt and granola, or can be used in a recipe such as these Strawberry Basil Oat Bars.
- Step 5 For the bars: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 rectangular pan with parchment paper covering the bottoms and 3 inches up the sides.
- Step 6 In a bowl mix together peanut butter, oats, nuts, and honey.
- Step 7 Pour half of the mixture into the prepared pan and press down the mixture evenly.
- Step 8 Spread strawberry basil chia jam over the bottom layer.
- Step 9 Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture over the top of the pineapple lemon layer.
- Step 10 Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Once out of the oven let cool for 10-15 minutes. Then cut in 9 rectangular bars. Enjoy!
Let me know if you try these strawberry chia jam oat bars in the comments section below!
Don’t forget to save this to your Pinterest board!