Overnight oats are probably one of my favorite breakfasts to prep!
Today I am sharing with you these strawberry overnight oats with a balsamic vinegar reduction. While regular overnights with some strawberries are good, the addition of a balsamic reduction makes them great!
How to Make a Balsamic Reduction:
The recipe for my strawberry overnight oats require a balsamic reduction. A balsamic vinegar reduction is basically just thickened, more flavorful, reduced down balsamic vinegar. You will need to add a cup or more, based on how much you need, of balsamic vinegar to a medium sauce pan and heat it on medium low for about thirty minutes. By the thirty minute mark the vinegar should be reduced by half. If you added one cup of balsamic vinegar, then there should be approximately half left.
Some Uses for Balsamic Vinegar Reduction:
- Salad dressings
- Roasted vegetables
- Chicken marinade
- Ice cream
- Strawberries + balsamic vinegar = magic, trust me! Don’t forget to add some whipped cream or mascarpone!
Strawberry Overnight Oats
These strawberry overnight oats are flavor packed with a balsamic vinegar reduction. Say goodbye to boring breakfasts!
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt, can also used plant based option
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, I used 2% milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar reduction**
- 1/4 cup strawberries, quartered + more for topping
- 2 tbsp almonds, roughly chopped (optional)
- Step 1 In a medium bowl mix together the greek yogurt, old fashioned oats, milk, chia seeds, and vanilla extract.
- Step 2 In a small bowl add the balsamic vinegar reduction, honey, and strawberries. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Step 3 Place the balsamic strawberries in the bottom or a mason jar or glass container. Then add the overnight oats mixture on top. Add some more fresh strawberries and almonds on top. Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe as needed for preparing breakfast for the week. Store in the fridge overnight. For extra servings store in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Step 4 Notes: Instructions on how to make a balsamic vinegar reduction are listed in the section above.
Let me know if you try this recipe in the comments section below!
Check out some of my other delicious breakfast recipes such as this banana chia pudding with yogurt.
Also, don’t forget to save this recipe to your Pinterest board!